Pillar Smart Wallet has recently added the new in-app Wert crypto purchase integration in our mobile app.
This option is available for over 200 countries and is the best option for U.S. users to buy MATIC on Polygon Chain, among other assets.
Download the wallet here
Before performing these steps, make sure:
- You have the latest wallet update otherwise this won’t work!
- Your State is supported by wert.io.
- Only for users who installed before the V2 release: you have your smart wallet selected, not legacy.
As of April 29, 2021 Wert.io supports 40 of the 50 states so please check that your State is supported before purchasing. https://widget.wert.io/supported-us-states
This is a straightforward process and below is the step-by-step guide.
1. Open your Pillar V2 smart wallet, make sure your smart wallet is selected by tapping the down arrow at the top of the screen..
>tap ‘Receive’ on the bottom menu and copy your address for later steps.
>tap the ‘Add Cash’ button on the home screen.
3. Enter the USD amount that you wish to convert to MATIC on polygon and tap ‘Next’
4. Ensure MATIC is selected & highlighted instead of ETH on the ‘you get’ line. Once selected, you’ll be prompted to add your MATIC wallet address.
5. Paste your Pillar V2 multichain wallet address.
(Pillar wallet uses a unified address for all supported chains. This means your wallet automatically directs all Polygon assets to your polygon wallet. Polygon is fast, so your MATIC will show up almost immediately in your Polygon wallet.)
6. Once this is done, at the top of the screen it is displayed ‘Buy MATIC on Polygon’
Click the ‘purchase details’ down-arrow to view rates and fees.
> Click ‘Continue’
NB!! Make sure to enter your Pillar V2 smart wallet address and continue
(Polygon chain assets will automatically be routed to your Polygon wallet. Legacy users must switch to Smart wallet in order to receive Polygon Chain assets.)
7. Enter your mobile phone number and click ‘Send code’.
8. You will receive a one-time password (OTP) on your phone. Enter the OTP.
9. Enter your bank card details and continue
10. Complete the KYC steps if you’re a first-time user. This could take a minute.
11. Once verified, confirm the transaction and hey presto! You’re the proud owner of some shiny new $MATIC tokens that live on Polygon and are stored in your Pillar V2 wallet.